Architekturzentrum Wien  
 

 
 
Collection
The Az W Documentation and Research Department

When the Architekturzentrum Wien was founded in 1993 the primary focus was on the presentation and exhibition of architecture. Initially no thought was given to collecting like a museum. Today, however, the Az W engages in all the tasks undertaken by a classic architecture museum: collecting, preserving and researching.

In recent years our collection has grown continuously and an end is not yet in sight. On the contrary, in fact: we are increasingly being contacted by architects or their successors in title, as today we are the only institution in Austria that collects in a planned manner and preserves the legacy of Austrian architecture dating from after 1945. The items in the collection are ordered according to project type, inventoried and augmented with biographical details. The long-term goal is to build up comprehensive collection of “Austrian Architecture of the 20th and 21st century”.

The collection and research department of the Az W consists primarily of three parts: the Achleitner Archive, the architectural estates of Austrian architects, living and deceased, as well as, parallel to the exhibition programme, a permanently growing collection of individual projects that have provided important impulses or help to shape current building activity.

Collection, estates, material from the archives by appointment only (to be made in writing/email or by telephone)

We would like to thank the following individuals/companies for their generous donations.

Online donation form


© Pez Hejduk 

Collection
The Achleitner Archives
Collection of individual projects
Estates
Margherita Spiluttini Photo Archive
Team

Dates:
Oswald Haerdtl


Downloads:
Terms of Use

Reference Inquiry Form

Price List


Links:
The Collection Online


Information:
Architekturzentrum Wien, Collection
Email: sammlung@azw.at

 
 
  © Architekturzentrum Wien 2017 Kontakt: eMail