With: Klaus Vatter, Silja Tillner, Ralf Bock, Thomas Jakoubek
Moderated by: Dietmar Steiner
The Vienna High-Rise Concept
The catalogue of criteria for suitable sites
– The high-rise as a landmark providing a point of reference and orientation in urban space
– The high-rise as a synonym for changes in a familiar urban skyline
– The high-rise as a built male fantasy?
– A vertical public in a high-rise?
– OLD=GOOD, NEW=BAD?
– Living in a high-rise?
– Should Vienna become a city of high-rises?
The above were the ‘Themes Of The Week’ in an internet discussion on the Vienna High-Rise Concept (Hochhauskonzept Wien – more information in German here). The basic premises behind the concept and the aims of the Vienna High-Rise Concept are open to discussion.
Klaus Vatter, Stadtentwicklung Wien
Silja Tillner, architect
Ralf Bock, project manager of the Vienna Twin Towers
Thomas Jakoubek, WED AG