Former official building of the Austrian imperial and royal Länderbank in the Hohenstaufengasse, 1882 – 84
In the summer of 1882, the architect Otto Wagner, winner of a restricted competition , was commissioned to build the official building for the imperial and royal private Austrian Länderbank in the Hohenstaufengasse. The narrow and unfavourable construction site in relation to the demands of the client, the special constructions, and finally the extremely limited time for construction (the building was handed over 1 1/2 years after the date of commission) led to various difficulties.
Still within the bounds of a “Free Renaissance” iron and glass is being used at the office section and the banking hall: a sign of the new.
A – 1010 Vienna
at 1:45 p.m.
Tickets: ATS 150.- Students: ATS 100.-
Guide: Otto Antonia Graf
Accompanied by: Christian Kühn