This tour provides an expedition through the history of design and architecture in Vienna. Beginning with the American Bar by Adolf Loos it leads, via Vienna’s postmodern icons, the Haas House and on to Jean Nouvel’s Design Tower, to finally provide a glimpse into Otto Wagner’s Postal Savings Bank (Postsparkasse).
Meeting place: American Bar, Adolf Loos 1908 (Kärntner Durchgang 10)
- Mühlbauer Hat Shop, Kuehn Malvezzi 2005
- Haas Haus, Hans Hollein 1990
- Alleyway Wollzeile, Silberpfeil Architekten 2013
- Ship station Vienna City, fasch&fuchs.architekten 2010 (Interior of Motto am Fluss, BEHF 2010)
- Design Tower, Jean Nouvel 2010
End: Austrian Postal Savings Bank, Otto Wagner 1906