The library in the Az W offers more than 50,000 books and magazines with the main focus on “Architecture of the 20th and 21st centuries”.
The books and magazines in our reference library, located in the historical octagon of the Az W, are always available on site. In addition to 18 work spaces, the lounge area invites visitors to browse at their leisure. If you don’t have enough time to read, a book scanner with USB connection is available during the library opening hours. Our staff members are happy to help you with your research work.
- more than 50.000 books and magazines
- 80 specialist magazines are subscribed to
- 18 desk spaces to work at with WLAN and power supply
- Lounge area for browsing
- b/w copies and scans
- Access to catalogue (at present only on site)
- Worldwide search for magazine articles (Iconda, Avery Index)
- Long opening hours at weekends: until 19:00
- Book and magazine stock of the Achleitner Archive are recorded in the catalog
The constantly growing holdings of the Az W library include publications on the history and theory of architecture, monographs, exhibition catalogues, but also architecture guides and the latest issues of periodicals from Austria and abroad. To follow up and enable in-depth research of our exhibitions on display a stack of reference books is available in the library.